Performs a variety of library duties, under the direction of an appropriate supervisor, which are designed to stimulate and increase library use by all ages, assist library customers in locating and making use of library materials and resources; provides timely and accurate information. Requires a moderate level of independent judgment and initiative.
- Serve as Librarian-in-Charge providing service to customers through circulation and related functions, catalog, readers’ advisory, interlibrary loan, and reference services, including use of the Internet and online databases.
- Empower customers and promote self-service.
- Provide proactive customer service, meeting customers where they are, determining customer wants and needs, in buildings and beyond.
- Monitor customers’ activities in the building and handle problems as they occur. Opens and closes the library building.
- Provide the public with information and materials from the library’s collections and from other sources by researching and interpreting print, electronic, online, and other sources.
- Serve customers in person, on the telephone, by e-mail or other means of communication.
- Assist customers in the use of LARL’s web catalog and other online databases.
- Monitor staff activities in the building and handle problems as they occur.
- Ensure circulation responsibilities are handled in a timely manner.
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
- Other duties consisting of similar and related tasks or of a logical work assignment to the position as directed by a supervisor.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and public relations with tact and graciousness.
- Good customer service skills and experience working with the public.
- Ability to interact with friendliness, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to communicate an enthusiasm for and commitment to library services.
- Ability to create a welcoming atmosphere in the library.
- Ability to use a computer effectively and learn new programs, especially library-related programs and basic office software.
- Accuracy in clerical skills and attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and practice approved library methods and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions in English.
- Continually expanding knowledge of authors and books in a wide range of reader levels and subject areas.
- Willingness to explore and meet the information needs of various library customer groups.
- Ability to interpret library policies, objectives, and services to community groups and the general public.
To perform this job successfully and individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Graduation from a four-year college preferred, but may consider an equivalent combination of library experience, training, and relevant work experience
- Effective customer service experience preferred.
- Experience in (or ability to learn) the use of integrated library systems and applications software.
Clear communication in both written and oral English
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand at a public service desk and use a computer keyboard for long periods of time and move quickly from place to place within the library
- Able to lift and carry library equipment up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to reach and grasp materials with arm extended above the head or stoop to reach materials near the floor, repeatedly, over an extended period of time
- Must be able to use hands to grasp a barcode scanner for extended periods of time. The hands are also used to finger, handle or feel and for keyboarding.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job are Close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to travel to branch libraries required.
4.5 hours every other week, Sundays when the library is open September through May; some flexibility to be available for work other hours the library is open is a plus. Position is located at the Crookston Branch of Lake Agassiz Regional Library.
SALARY: $12.67/hr ($13.05/hr effective 01/01/2018) + $1.50 Sunday differential.
Applications are available at all LARL agencies or on-line at www.larl.org and should be submitted to Lake Agassiz Regional Library, attn: Human Resources, 118 5th St. South, Moorhead, MN 56560. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications accepted until the position is filled.