You can use the OverDrive app to borrow and enjoy eBooks and eAudiobooks on your iOS Device (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch):
- Compatibility with thousands of LARL eBooks and eAudiobooks (browse our OverDrive catalog)
- Direct downloads of EPUB format eBooks via the OverDrive Media Console app for iPad
- Direct downloads of Kindle format eBooks via the Kindle app for iPad
- Access to multiple bookstore apps (Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Amazon) for direct download purchase and reading
Getting Started with iOS Devices
Download the OverDrive app from the Apple App Store.
Open the OverDrive app and follow the prompts to create an OverDrive account and log in. If you’re under 13, select I am under 13 years old instead.
In the OverDrive app, swipe from left to right to open the Home menu. Then, tap Add a library to find LARL’s OverDrive portal.
- Tap the star to save LARL to your library list
- Tap to start browsing
Log into LARL’s OverDrive portal with your library card number and borrow a title.
Find titles under your account. You can:
- Download EPUB eBooks and MP3 audiobooks directly to the OverDrive app
- Tap Read to open and read OverDrive Read or MediaDo Reader eBooks right in your browser
- If you’ve installed the Kindle reading app from the Apple App Store, you can select Kindle Book (U.S. only) to complete checkout on Amazon’s website and send the book to your Kindle reading app
For a video overview of how to get started with an iOS device, click here to view OverDrive’s help videos.
- Have an iPod? Click here for specific iPod instructions
- Or check out our other OverDrive Support resources
Digital materials returned early via the iOS App will disappear from My Account within 5 minutes of their early return.