- Compatibility with thousands of LARL eBooks (browse our OverDrive catalog)
- Direct downloads of EPUB format eBooks via the OverDrive Media Console app for iPad
- Access to multiple bookstore apps (Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Amazon) for direct download purchase and reading
- Consumer Reports (LARL library card required) – search for your device or ‘E-book readers Buying Guide’
- Engadget (9/2010)
- cnet (all dates)
- EPUB format eBooks
- Kindle format eBooks
- MP3 format audiobooks
What do you need for OverDrive eBooks?
- An Adobe ID (publishing industry ID standard that opens access to free library eBooks)
- OverDrive Media Console for iPhone/iPad
- Step-by-step instructions from OverDrive
- View your library of checked-out titles
- Tap edit (top left corner)
- Tap Delete (appears to the right)
- Select ‘Return and Delete’
- When returning early via the iPhone/iPod Touch app, items will disappear from My Account within 5 minutes of their early return
PDF format eBooks are not available through OverDrive Media Console app
- Solution? Use Bluefire Reader app to transfer PDF format eBooks to your iPhone or iPod Touch
- Caveat? LARL does not support Bluefire Reader.
- Solution? Checkout your eBooks through a computer or iPad-based browser and sync eBooks afterward to your iPhone or iPod Touch via the Kindle app for iPad.