(Library LINK Site Assistant 6-10 hrs/wk.)
Under the direction of the Hub Supervisor, coordinates the activities of LINK Site volunteers, promotes and markets the LINK Site in the community, and performs a variety of tasks related to library circulation and/or clerical activities.
Essential Duties: *
* Due to the limited size and hours of the LINK site, not all job duties may apply.
- Schedules and monitors LINK Site volunteers, work with Hub to recruit and train volunteers.
- Promotes LINK Site in the community by participating in community events, speaking to groups such as councils, school classes, or civic organizations.
- May produce news and other promotional items by submitting workorder form and working through the Public Information Office.
- Serve library customers in person, on the telephone, and via e-mail.
- Communicates regularly with Hub Liaison and Supervisor.
- Assist LINK Site customers in locating materials. Place and fill requests for materials through automated catalog & interlibrary loan resources, search for requested materials, notify customer of availability, and oversee return of materials borrowed from other libraries. Receive payment of service charges and other fees.
- Register borrowers and maintain borrower records in the system database.
- Check in, discharge, and shelve materials; empty book drop.
- Process, pack and unpack materials for delivery between branches/LINK Sites.
- Assist customers with Internet laptop if available.
- Learn new computer procedures for each upgrade of the automated system and computer programs, as required.
- Make arrangements for pick up and sorting of mail.
- Arrange deliveries to homebound customers.
- Perform minor “housekeeping” duties.
- Assist in opening and closing procedures of the LINK Site building; may open and close building.
- Compile statistical data for reports and submit in a timely manner.
- Assist with programming, special functions, and operations of the LINK and LARL as needed.
- Other duties consisting of similar and related tasks or of a logical work assignment to the position as directed by the appropriate Supervisor and the Regional Library Director.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires a high school diploma and some experience in library or related clerical work with proficiency in keyboarding and knowledge of computer office software; good customer service skills and experience working with the public; requires ability to follow oral and written instructions in English; ability to learn and operate an automated system with high degree of efficiency; ability to organize work, set priorities, use time effectively; ability to work independently to meet deadlines; excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to interact with friendliness, tact and diplomacy; ability to interpret library policies and procedures; accuracy in clerical skills and attention to detail; desire to work with enthusiasm and initiative; flexible, good problem-solving skills and good listening skills; ability to work standing or sitting at a computer station for several hours at a time; ability to lift and carry up to 30 lbs., to reach to retrieve materials on low or high shelves and to grasp a barcode wand for extended periods of time. Requires a valid driver’s license and occasional travel.
6-10 hours per week, $9.73 per hour. Place of employment is the Twin Valley LINK Site, an auxiliary site of Lake Agassiz Regional Library with occasional travel to other branch libraries required.
Application forms are required and are available at http://larl.org/about/employment and should be submitted to: HR – Lake Agassiz Regional Library, 118 5th St, Moorhead, MN 56560, E-mail: email@example.com Fax: 218-233-7556. Applications accepted until the position is filled.