Under the direction of the Hub Supervisor, provides excellent customer service while concurrently performing a variety of library operations related to circulating materials, empowering and assisting customers in the building and beyond, and promoting the services and activities of the LINK Site.
- Serve library customers in person, on the telephone, and via e-mail.
- Register borrowers and maintain borrower records in the system database.
- Assist LINK Site customers in locating materials. Place and fill requests for materials through automated catalog and interlibrary loan resources, search for requested materials, notify customer of availability, and oversee return of materials borrowed from other libraries. Receive payment of service charges and other fees.
- Check in, discharge, and shelve materials; empty book drop.
- Process, pack and unpack materials for delivery between branches/LINK Sites and Regional Office.
- Promote LINK Site in the community by participating in community events, speaking to groups such as councils, school classes, or civic organizations.
- May contribute to promotional efforts by working with the Marketing Coordinator.
- Work with Collection Development Librarian to maintain and rotate collection to meet the needs of the community.
- Communicate regularly with Hub Liaison and Supervisor.
- Learn new computer procedures for each upgrade of the automated system and computer programs, as required.
- Make arrangements for pick up and sorting of mail.
- Arrange deliveries to homebound customers.
- Perform minor “housekeeping” duties.
- Compile statistical data for reports and submit in a timely manner.
- Assist with programming, special functions, and operations of the LINK and LARL as needed.
- May recruit, train, and schedule LINK Site volunteers.
- Other duties consisting of similar or related tasks of a logical work assignment to the position as directed by the appropriate Supervisor and the Regional Library Director.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires a high school diploma and some experience in library or related clerical work with proficiency in keyboarding and knowledge of computer office software; good customer service skills and experience working with the public; requires ability to follow oral and written instructions in English; ability to learn and operate an automated system with high degree of efficiency; ability to organize work, set priorities, use time effectively; ability to work independently to meet deadlines; excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to interact with friendliness, tact and diplomacy; ability to interpret library policies and procedures; accuracy in clerical skills and attention to detail; desire to work with enthusiasm and initiative; flexible, good problem-solving skills and good listening skills; ability to work standing or sitting at a computer station for several hours at a time; ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs., to reach to retrieve materials on low or high shelves, and to grasp a barcode wand for extended periods of time. Requires a valid driver’s license and occasional travel.
$11.30 per hour. 7-10 hours per week, must be available to work during LINK Site open hours: Monday 10:30am to 1:00pm, Thursday 10:30am to 12:30pm and 4:00pm to 6:30pm. Place of employment is the Cormorant LINK Site, an auxiliary site of Lake Agassiz Regional Library with occasional travel to other branch libraries required.
Application forms are required and should be submitted to:
Human Resources, Lake Agassiz Regional Library
118 5th St S, Moorhead, MN 56560
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
* * *