Lake Agassiz Regional Library Presents
The Beat Goes On: Winter 2014 Series
Thank you for joining us to celebrate the many talents of our fellow Minnesotans through art, literature, music, and culture!
The Beat Goes On series is all about digging deeper to find the truly meaningful Minnesota stories and experiences and sharing them with each other.
Celebrate Minnesota arts and heritage with those in your community at the most comfortable and welcoming place in town…Lake Agassiz Regional Library.
Be sure to pick up a Winter 2014 Series ‘The Beat Goes On’ Booklet at any Lake Agassiz Regional Library branch library or LINK Site.
Lake Agassiz Regional Library
The Beat Goes On, So On with the Series!
- Jim & Bonnie Haney, Irish History & Music in the Red River Valley February 28
- Poitin, a acclaimed Red River Valley Irish Band February 28
- Steve Stark, Lake Agassiz: Drawn to History March 11-13
- Dawn Duncan as Clara Dillon Darrow: Pioneering Woman March 17
- The Magic of Dr. Seuss, magic show for kids and families March 17-22
- Zinghoppers, a musical reading celebration for kids and families March 24 & 25
- Lehto & Wright, Original Folk Songs & Music Traditions April 3-4
- Spirit, a preforming and teaching artist, presenting a Community Drum Workshop April 10-12
View Older Archives »
In November 2008, Minnesota voters approved a constitutional amendment to dedicate funds for Minnesota’s Outdoor Heritage, Clean Water, Parks and Trails, and Arts and Cultural Heritage. Under the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund (ACHF) Minnesota’s 300+ public libraries receive funding distributed through existing formulas to the 12 Minnesota Regional Library Systems to provide programs and services in four areas: arts (visual, performing and media), culture, literary and Minnesota history. The law states that these funds are intended “for regional programs and working with arts and cultural partners.”