To sign up for a library card, visit a LARL location near you. You may print off an application here to bring with you. Those eligible for a LARL library card include:
Any resident with an address within the Lake Agassiz Regional Library region, with the exception of those residing within the city limits of East Grand Forks, regardless of age, who shows an acceptable proof of address, may register for a library card at any LARL agency.
- Persons who own real property in the region and provide proof of such, even though they reside elsewhere, are eligible for a library card. Library cards may also be issued to all members of their families living at the same address. A note will be added to the customer’s record stating that the customer owns property in the LARL region.
- Students enrolled at schools and colleges who reside in the region and provide proof of such are eligible for a library card.
- Nursing homes, hospitals, retirement centers, prisons, businesses, childcare providers and their agencies with an address within the region may apply for borrowing privileges for their institutional library needs.
- Residents who are unable to visit the library due to physical or other disability and live within the region, may apply for borrowing privileges for their homebound library needs.
- Non-residents with a current valid library card from a library which has a reciprocity agreement with LARL will be entitled to limited library use.
- Non-residents not otherwise eligible for a library card may apply for a Fee Card by payment of an annual fee. This card entitles the person, and members of their immediate family living at the same address, use of the library for one year from date of issue. Fee Card customers are entitled to limited library use. East Grand Forks residents are eligible for this type of card.