The Lake Agassiz Regional Library (LARL) Board recognizes that the daily activities of many of the residents within the Lake Agassiz Regional Library and the Fargo (ND) Public Library, West Fargo (ND) Public Library, and Leach Public Library (Wahpeton, ND) service areas transcend the geographic boundaries of each library. It further recognizes that local residents may derive great benefits from free access to the libraries in these nearby service areas and that library services may be improved through such access.
Therefore, the Lake Agassiz Regional Library Board states as a matter of policy that as of January 1, 2007, it will waive its non-resident fees for current registered borrowers of the Fargo Public Library, West Fargo Public Library, and Leach Public Library and allow these borrowers to borrow library materials, provided these libraries waive their non-resident fees for registered borrowers of the Lake Agassiz Regional Library and allow these borrowers to borrow library materials
The Lake Agassiz Regional Library Board adopts this policy with the following provisions:
- Fargo Public Library, West Fargo Public Library and Leach Public Library borrowers’ cards shall be recognized by the Lake Agassiz Regional Library Board as valid borrowers’ cards and, upon registration, the Lake Agassiz Regional Library shall enter the borrower’s barcode and customer information into LARL’s patron database. These borrowers may then check out materials* from all Lake Agassiz Regional Library branch libraries and LINK Sites.
- Residents of the Fargo, West Fargo and Wahpeton service areas must obtain their library identification cards from their home library.
- This policy will not include residents outside the area of responsibility of these three libraries who may be covered by reciprocal borrowing contracts with other libraries unless the individuals have current/valid non-resident or fee cards from one of these libraries.
- Borrowers covered under this reciprocal borrowing policy shall be responsible for returning the borrowed Lake Agassiz Regional Library materials to an agency of the Lake Agassiz Regional Library.
- This policy provides for the borrowing of circulating library materials owned by LARL in accordance with the Lake Agassiz Regional Library’s rules and regulations*.
- Inter-library loan services shall not be available to reciprocal borrowers. For items not owned by the Lake Agassiz Regional Library, borrowers must request through their own home library.
- Online databases and online subscription services are not included in this reciprocal borrowing policy, except for those that may be used within any Lake Agassiz Regional Library branch library or LINK Site.
*Exceptions may be made for high demand items.
Lake Agassiz Regional Library Board, December 28, 2006